How much should we spend on cyber security and how can we get the best returns? This interactive workshop gives established and aspiring CFO’s the essential insights and understanding to answer these questions with clarity.
This senior executive training is free of technical jargon and quickly brings together the essence of diverse cyber security challenges, ways to overcome them, and the financial and risk implications.
Incrementalists who think everything is just fine with cyber security should skip this workshop. This workshop is for proactive leaders who want to cure the problems hiding behind symptoms.
We've co-located this workshop with the CFO Rising West Summit, sharing a lunch area, networking space & exhibition area.
Established and aspiring CFO’s will return from this workshop and be equipped to:
• Analyze and Identify top areas that are overfunded and underfunded
• Influence and/or prioritize portfolio of security investments
• Ask probing questions to engage dialogue across organizational silos that will surface and highlight reality
• Participate in and/or lead cyber security visioning and strategy sessions
• Recognize, design, and clarify the CFO and support staff role(s) in connection with cyber security
Module 1 – Symptoms
• Dominant attack strategies
• Cost of attacks to attackers
• Performance measures
• Market & regulatory conditions and trends
Module 2 - Causal Factors
• Cause and effect linkage
• Relative cost and risk implications
• Economic underpinnings
Module 3 – Solutions
• Frameworks for thinking
• Organization and technology changes
• Cost estimation considerations
• Accounting and financial process considerations
• Proven and/or pioneering
James Ryan is a nationally recognized cyber security expert and defense strategist with more than 20 years of experience consulting with top defense and financial institutions to define, update and implement the most effective and efficient cyber defense strategies with budgets exceeding $1B.
For his work, he has been covered by the Economist, the History Channel, Business Journals, and other leading media organizations.
He is the founder and Managing Partner of Litmus Logic, LLC, a company designated as US Critical Infrastructure and leading provider of cyber defense strategies. He also serves as the Chief Strategy Officer for the Minnesota Innovation Lab, a State-level economic development organization.
Dates & Location
The workshop will be taking place on October 21 in San Francisco.
The InterContinental Hotel, San Francisco
Discounted Room Block:
We have a discounted room block of $339 per night.
Please reserve your room by calling the hotel directly on +1-866-781-2364 and stating that you are with the Innovation Enterprise Group.
CFO Rising West Summit
The role of the CFO has changed drastically over the last 10 years. At this summit, we will explore how CFOs are adapting to becoming strategic leaders across a variety of industries in this no-holds barred event.
This summit will address all the challenges facing a modern, CFO and the opportunities they have to lead their organisations will be addressed.
To see the summit overview, speakers, schedule & demographics please visit here.
If you have any queries at all please do feel free to contact email@example.com.